Tuesday, October 24, 2006

And these are a few of my favourite....

Am in the middle of watching two sequels, one after the other, back to back. Movies stuffed with food for thought. enough for philosophical ramblings.Before Sunrise and Before sunset. Both excellent ones, though one was slightly watered down
by a mutilated cd.. But no, not delving into all of those, a dialogue from the movie struck me.. A portion where the character just feels scared that her life might not be long enough to do all the things that she wanted.. And it just set me a little thinking.. in the sense about what are the things that i would yearn to complete if someone suddenly gave me a timeframe to live. A few things I can think about on the spur..
1. Finish reading the entire set of books at home and read all of Kafka's and Murakami's works.
2. Visit the english countryside, scotland and wales(the blyton effect I guess)
3. Trek to wild destinations(inspired by the lil veteran amongst us)
4. Learn salsa..

5. Be able to bake rolls, all sorts of cakes, muffins. Hmm, i love the smell of bakes fresh out of the oven.. Its this nice warm feeling, envelopes the whole house.

5 comments:

chaos said...

hmm .. lots of things on the platter... wish you all the best and hope you succeed in most of all of them...

sumz said...

Thanks!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, SumZ

vijaya said...

Hi Sum,

Wish you a very happy new year too... hope you and Arun are doing good....

Fali 'n' I currently in Tokyo - with I-flex.

Do mail in off and on, and cheers to Arun..:)

vijaya said...

Hi Sum,

I think you'll be back from S'pore in December alle? Met Arun on Shelfari (in the virtual world ;-) ) and he mentioned it.
Guess you know that we're in Philly now. Fali's studying for his MBA. I'm waiting to apply for H1 this year.
Missing home? Yeah, as always.
I spoke to Manju for the first time in three years a few weeks back. Was good :)
You'll be counting days for getting back to India as well, I presume.
Take care,
Do mail in.
luvhttps://www.blogger.com/captcha?type=IMAGE&captchaKey=1qoquyb5mnpsk
Visual verification
Me.